Hi! I’m Anna. Thanks for stopping by.
My life is a busy one! Like you, I wear a lot of hats–mom, wife, daughter, sister, business owner, friend, writer, lay educator. It’s a lot to juggle, to be sure. In all our busyness I wanted to be sure we aren’t letting the most important things fall through the cracks: relationships.
Is there anything better than a space in the world where you feel understood, encouraged, challenged and supported? PrincipledMom™ is a cozy spot safe from the chaos of the internet. Pull up a chair can visit a while!
I’m so glad you took the time to visit PrincipledMom™ and I hope you will subscribe, visit us on social media and comment to let us know you’re here.
What (or who) exactly is PrincipledMom™?
PrincipledMom™ started as a home educating blog in 2005. It was my little corner of the web where I could work out my struggles, share my successes and offer hope, encouragement and practical help to parents in the BPA trenches.
We are a community of like-minded moms who love our families and desire to provide our children with the best education possible–one rooted in the Word of God. That includes moms who have their children in a variety of different educational settings. We as parents are still accountable for our children’s education–especially in spiritual matters.
Because BPA is a philosophy, it affects every sphere of life–individual, home, church, city, nation, globe. We must make every effort to live a life of consequence, so the term of endearment was born: PrincipledMom™.
PrincipledMom™ is a mom who is one or more of these things:
- enjoys and celebrates her individuality
- makes every effort to put God first
- understands she is not perfect and doesn’t pretend she is
- looks to the Holy Spirit and God’s Word to guide her in all things
- works hard to live a life of integrity and humility
- teaches (or has taught) herself and/or her children using the Biblical Principle Approach
With the Lord’s help and commitment to His call, we can each provide an excellent education for our children. “What He calls us to, He equips us for.”
What is BPA?
BPA is short for Biblical Principle Approach, a method of Biblical reasoning that places the Word of God at the center of every subject.
- It is a governmental way of thinking, that is: who or what is controlling, directing, regulating or restraining?
- It is a lifestyle of scholarship and Christian character.
- It is a Biblical method of education, similar in execution to the Hebraic model.
- It develops men and women who are able to reason from God’s Word for themselves.
- It is distinctive in its commitment to American Christian education.
- It highlights His Story, a recognition of Providential history.
For more details, visit here.